Our Mission & Purpose
The Battlegreen Run Foundation is an official 501(c)3 charity that organizes an annual road race held in Lexington, MA to fund a number of worthy local charities. Proceeds from the race and related fundraising events are donated to organizations that benefit the Lexington community.
For the past 21 years, the Battlegreen Run Foundation has primarily supported the following non-profit charities:
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund at Mass General Hospital
- Pauline Briggs was a teacher at the Minuteman Vocational School and a scholarship fund has been created in her name exclusively for the students at that school after her passing in 2004.
- She was a long time supporter of our race and a very involved member of the community in Lexington.
- Provides Scholarship assistance to Lexington residents on an as needed basis
- Provides housing and social service support to Lexington residents
Other Charitable Contributions
- Backers of Lexington Track (BOLT)
- Lexington Athletic Association
- Lexington Education Foundation
- Lexington Chamber of Commerce
- Lexington High School Hall of Fame
- Cotting School of Lexington
- Minuteman High School
- Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA MASS)
- Esperanza- Hope for the Children
- Turner Syndrome Society
- Special Needs Art Programs, Inc. (SNAP)
- New England Innocence Project/ Running for Innocence
- Supportive Living